U-Boot im Focus 13
As always, the issue was packed very well; wrapped in paper and then inside a cardboard envelope. The magazine is printed on 50 high-quality glossy pages and all the text is in both German and English and the quality of the English translation is excellent. The photographs are all good quality and never before published.
The magazine starts as usual with an editorial from the editor. The next item, as usual, is the reader’s forum, where additional information is published for previous issues.
Next we get into the content of the magazine itself. The subjects of the various topics are
- Type II boats
- La Spezia Conning Towers
- Armoured personnelt boxes in colour and black and white
- Camouflage experiements on Type IIA boats in 1939
- Unidentified emblem
- Crossing the line ceremony
- The sinking of the Avila Start by U-201
- Officers of U-387 with the Luftwaffe look.
- Collision with the Graf Spee
- The ‘Lilliput’ sweaters of U-575
- Explosion on U-67
- U-67s good luck emblem
Another great bunch of previously unseen photos, with excellent commentaries.
If you’re interested in the Kriegsmarine at all, then this magazine is of special interest to you and highly recommended.
Subscriptions available here.