im Focus 16
As always, the issue was packed very well; wrapped in paper and then inside a cardboard envelope. The magazine is printed on 50 high-quality glossy pages and all the text is in both German and English and the quality of the English translation is excellent. The photographs are all good quality and never before published.
The magazine starts as usual with an editorial from the editor. Here Axel tells us that the next 2 issues of U-boot
- 50 pages with 66 photos – thereof 10 in
colour, 1 coloureddocument, 1 colouredconning tower front views, 3 colouredemblems, 2 colouredmaps, Readers Forum
- Boat in Focus: Photo Supplement – Operations by U-481 in the Gulf of Finland
- Unusual: Signs for smokers and “fresh air-catchers”
- Photos with a Story: U-995 Then and Now – How original is the museum boat in Laboe?
- Scenery: Coastal Convoy
- Boat in Focus: U-393 – The Experimental Boat of Testing Group Sultan
- Unusual: A Submariner Takes a Bath at Sea
- Documents: A Submariner’s Role Card
- Color Photos: Italian Submarine Flying the Reich War Flag
- as well as several photos of U-387, U-19, U-576, U-37, U-168 and further pieces of information
Another great bunch of previously unseen photos, with excellent commentaries.
If you’re interested in the Kriegsmarine at all, then this magazine is of special interest to you and highly recommended.
The best way to get these is via the subscriptions that are available here. The publisher now offers free shipping within Germany and shipping has decreased for some other countries too.