Luftwaffe im Focus 27 Review
As usual, the book came from the publishers in Germany in a sturdy cardboard envelope and also wrapped in tissue paper.
The photos are all published on glossy paper. The text is in both English and German and the English translation is perfect. The captions and text are in depth and well researched. A magazine for historically interested people and modellers alike.
- Authors: Axel Urbanke
- Language: German/English
- Release date: Sept 2018
- ISBN: 978-3-941437-38-8
- Size: Softcover, A4 size
- Pages: 54
- Paper: Glossy
- 59 photos – thereof 13 in colour, 4 colour profiles, 7 coloured emblems, 2 coloured maps
Table of contents for this issue:
- Liaison Aircraft
- Reader’s Forums
- Training Aircraft: D 520, I./JG 107, 1943
- Photos with a Story: The Real Story of Hptm. Bär’s Lion Emblem, I./JG 77
- Reconnaissance Aircraft: Me 262 A-1a/U3, 2./NAGr. 6, 1945
- Personal Emblems: “Lili Marleen” Goes on the Road
- Aircraft in Focus: II./StG. 2 in Action at Stalingrad in Late Summer 1942,
- Aircraft in Focus: Emblems and Marking
- Practices of the Stukas of the Bamberger-Reiter Gruppe
- Documents: Overnight Pass
- Fates: Something usually kept quiet…The Fate of Fighter Pilot and Holder of the Oak Leaves Hptm. Fritz Geißhardt
- Unusual: Reunion far from Home
- Unknown Emblems: The Owl Staffel – 2.(H)/13 – and Its Emblem
- Seaplanes: Norway, Dangerous Terrain for Seaplanes and photos to more topics
This issue is, as always, full of photos you are guaranteed to have not seen before. The research is excellent and each photo is fully described in both the captions and the accompanying text for the articles. Luftwaffe im Focus remains at the forefront of Luftwaffe research. If you’re interested in the Luftwaffe and want to see new material, then this is a publication for you.
Highly recommended for both modellers and Luftwaffe enthusiasts.
If you’re going to buy a copy, do it soon as once they’re gone, they get expensive on the second-hand market and they don’t get republished very often. I think so far only issues 1-3 have been reprinted and they sold out very quickly.
Luftwaffe im Focus 27 is available from the publisher.
Issue 28 is due out at the end of October.