Italeri Apr 2017 Releases
F-4E PHANTOM II 1/48
Developed by the American aircraft company McDonnell Douglas the F-4 Phantom II is a tandem two-seat, all-weather, supersonic fighter-bomber. It entered service during the sixties and it is one of the most famous airplanes of the military aviation history. In the original project, it was specifically designed for U.S. Navy but it has been used by all U.S. forces and it obtained a significant commercial success around the World. The F-4E version, specifically developed for the U.S. Air Force, adopted a M61 Vulcan cannon in the nose and it could be armed, to perform air-superiority missions, with AIM-9 Sidewinder and AIM-9 Sparrow air-to-air missiles. Thanks to its two General Electric J-79 powerful jet-engines, the F-4E was able to reach the top speed of 1,240 Knots. Speed, thrust and reliability were the Phantom II strengths able to successfully counterbalance the reduced manoeuvrability due to its big dimensions.
Martin B-57B 1/72
Created to replace the obsolete piston-engined Douglas B-26 Invader, the twin-jet engine tactical bomber B-57 Canberra was produced by US aircrafts company Martin in the 50s. Derived from the British “English Electric Canberra”, it was produced in several versions to perform bombing, reconnaissance and electronic warfare duties. In particular, the B-57B, developed for bombing missions, was the main version produced. It was characterized by the adoption of a new cockpit with two crew members arranged in tandem and the under-wing hardpoints able to be armed with a wide range of weapons. The first units produced were armed with eight 12.7
mm machine guns installed within the wings substituted, later on, by four 20 mm cannons. Thanks to its two Wright J65 Jet-engines the Canberra was able to reach the top speed of 520 Knots.
The Staghound armoured car was conceived in the US at the start of WW2, based on a British specification which required a wheeled reconnaissance vehicle with a high level of protection, therefore armour plated, well-armed, and highly mobile. The Chevrolet design proposed a large armoured car which, following an extended programme of assessment and testing, went into production in late 1942, too late to be sent to British forces engaged in North Africa. Allied forces were to receive the Staghound in the Spring of 1943 and they were used in the Italian campaign by British and Polish armies In spite of the impressive performance of this vehicle it was not adopted by the US army and so the 3,000 units produced were used solely by British and Commonwealth forces. Post war the Staghound was widely issued to the new European armies where some examples were in use into the 1970s.
The Sturmpanzer Brummbar was based on a variation of the hull of the Panzer IV armoured tank and devised for the infantry to reduce need for bunkers and fortified resistance centres. This vehicle was fitted with a heavy 15 cm howitzer with shortened mine-launching barrel, fully capable of completing its task. 306 models were built in early 1943 when the vehicle was first introduced.
Decals for 4 versions.
MAN 26.321 Formel Six 1/24
These trucks are equipped with the so-called 6 cylinder “Formula 6” engine which incorporates some of the most modern features of Diesel engine technology. Our truck 26.321 is equipped with a lot of accessories which have become quite popular in Europe, such as special big horns, exhaust pipes and other details which copied from American trucks and which make Europeans trucks look much fancier. This truck has participated at the Trucker – Festival.